Monday, July 25, 2011

Sharing Good News

“The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise” (Proverbs 11:30).
With the exception of coming to Christ ourselves, leading someone to Jesus is the greatest thing we can do in this life. Bringing men to Christ is our mission and calling. “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever” (Daniel 12:3). We are commanded by Jesus to go and make disciples in all nations (Matthew 28:19, 20). No one is exempt from the need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we have a responsibility to share the Good News. Research by Barna and Gallup indicate the percentage of Christians who actively share their faith is low. When I returned to Jesus after my prodigal experience, I remember feeling inadequate and unworthy of sharing my faith. I was apprehensive that I would say the wrong thing or offend the other person. I realize now that Satan planted these excuses to hinder me from witnessing. Once I discovered, as Dr. Neil T. Anderson said, that “Witnessing is sharing our faith in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God” I felt enabled to share Jesus. I have shared Jesus with many people since, and I have never had a bad experience. Even when a few people were rude or antagonistic in their worldview, I had complete confidence and peace that I had done what God wanted. Almost every individual I have shared with – even Muslims – have thanked me for caring enough about them to share the truth of Jesus. The greatest high I have experienced is the thrill of leading someone to the Lord. Men of God, be intentional in your witness. A lost world is waiting to hear our message.

No comments:

Post a Comment