Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fear Not

“Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.” (Proverbs 3: 25-26).
Several years ago during the middle of the summer, I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and found that my room was freezing cold. My first thought was I should pull up the covers, but when I looked down, I saw that the covers were already up to my neck. At that moment, I felt an evil presence in the room and a sudden fear gripped me. I spoke to the presence of darkness and commanded him to leave in the Name of Jesus. Immediately, the evil spirit left the room, and I felt the Holy Spirit envelop me in a blanket of peace. I was back to sleep in a matter of minutes. Afterward, I came across Psalm 91:5: “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, nor for the arrow that flieth by day.” When we walk by faith, we do not have to live in fear. Nothing can harm us or come against us unless God allows it. When the end of the world draws near and the hearts of men fail for fear (Luke 21:26), we can have confidence and peace knowing that our fate is secure. We need not fear man or government, because we can “boldly say, The Lord is [our] helper, and [we] will not fear what man shall do unto [us].” (Hebrews 13:6). God has given us His authority over principalities and powers of darkness. He has given us the armor of God “that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” (Ephesians 6:13). We do not have to fear the future or evil because God is with us and He will never forsake us. (Psalm 23:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment