Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Desiring God's Wisdom

“Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman: That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.” (Proverbs 7: 4-5).
Wisdom and understanding must be embraced and held dear to us if we are to continue our quest toward godly manhood. There have been many times in my life when I outwardly professed a desire to gain godly wisdom and understanding, but inwardly, I was scared to receive it. What if I couldn’t live up to what God expected? What I feared the most, though, was how God’s wisdom and revelation would affect my status quo. I was in a comfort zone in my spiritual walk, and although God prodded me and encouraged me to take a step of faith, He didn’t push me off the cliff. God wants nothing more than to give us His wisdom, but He requires that we ask of Him and He will give it liberally. “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.” (James 1: 5-6). Wisdom and understanding will keep us from temptation; they will give discernment to help us see with spiritual eyes; they will expose the hidden agendas and motivations of others; they will reveal the consequences of giving into temptation; they will show us the way out that God always provides. We desperately need wisdom and understanding from God, if we are to stay on course in our journey. May we ask God for these gifts in faith and use them judiciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment