Thursday, March 24, 2011

Seeking Afrter God

“He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him” (Proverbs 11:27).
All Christian men profess that they desire the favor of God. We claim to want God to use us, bless us, and transform us, but do we really? Do our actions confirm or deny our profession? I have noticed in my own life, times of hypocrisy when I told God I wanted a deeper walk with Him with my mouth, but my heart was far from Him. The Holy Spirit within me caused me to desire the things of God, but there was a battle between my regenerated spirit’s desire to do the will of God and my flesh’s desire to commit sin. This is a daily conflict in my life and in the life of every believer. When we make a decision to follow God, we must follow through. If we half-step, we will never achieve full victory. The Holy Spirit will encourage us in our quest for godly manhood, but He will never coerce us. He will strengthen us when we fall and walk alongside us, and He longs for us to trust Him with childlike faith. When we have confidence in His goodness, we can place our hand in His and allow Him to lead the way. “With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments” (Psalms 119:10). When we seek after God with all of our hearts, we will walk in His favor. If we choose to seek after mischief, we will find it as well. The key to the Christian life is to follow after God with total abandon. It is only as we empty ourselves of our selfish hopes, dreams, and desires, that God can fill us with His Spirit and guide us in the paths of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment